I have never been good at decorating walls. I think I reached my peak when I had Donny Osmond and Scott Baio posters on my wall, torn out of 16 and tiger beat magazines (ack – dating myself!). Luckily for me I know lots of creative chickies who can show me the way…
- The Happy Homebody turned a styrofoam pear into an adorable piece of wall art.
- Lindsay (who you met last week) has a guest tutorial to make a cute twig chair for your wall (I could totally see this by my door for outgoing mail)
- Decorating with Photos over at The Inspired Room
- This post is about paint, but the FABULOUS (and new to me!) 320 Sycamore has filled this post (and her whole blog! ) with dreamy ideas for wall foofing. I could spend hours drooling here…
- Another new-to-me blog is Reinvented - this woman is a genius for decorating on the cheap – I know I will get lots of inspiration here!
- Thrifty Decor Chick has a brilliant post using inspiration from Ballard Designs – SO easy and I could see using this in a few rooms in different ways…
…and last, I thought I would show you what I am working with – this is my living room just after I painted. Consider these the “before” pictures:
This gives you a good look at one side of the living room – the coffee table is soon to become an experiment in painting – I’m thinking black…the couch is a olive-y green.
This is the other end. I have lots of wall to fill, don’t I? I am lukewarm about the bookcase, but it will work for the time being…I am making pillows for the couches too!!
I would love advice, and to see your favorite links for wall art and decoration!!