Between 2 nutty boys, a TON of client work (both photographic and design types), and my summer fun list, our calendar is filling up fast. But I ALWAYS make time for reading – before bed, outside when the boys are playing, over my morning cereal…
I recently discovered the joy that is the kindle – trust me, I LOVE book pages as much as the next book nut, but I am all over it when it comes to “casual reading” – you know, the equivalent of literary junk food. Amazon has so many books that are .99 or a little more that I have my kindle loaded up with lots of brain candy.
Most of these are on my “get em on paper” list. But if it’s cheaper on the kindle list…hmm, I may have to rethink my logic.
- Summer in the City and The Carrie Diaries – Carrie Bradshaw’s early years – Hello lovah!
- Beauty Queens – I read a review describing it as “lord of the flies” meets Lost meets Miss America – twisted much?
- Theater Geek – Story of the author’s experience of theater camp in the Catskills
- Home Ec 101 - my friend Heather wrote a FABULOUS book about all things domestic. Let’s just say despite the name up there, I need all the help I can get – Heather also writes a fabulous blog by the same name.
- If You Were Here – Jen Lancaster is a fabulous writer, but after reading this John Hughes-centric first novel, I may just be a TINY bit in love…a MUST-READ for anyone who was a teen in the 80′s (yeah, I already read this one – in a weekend actually – but I HAD to include it)
- Sue Ellen’s Girl Ain’t Fat, She Just Weighs Heavy – Funny funny book about the charms of southern belle. I am about halfway through this book of essays and after reading about “bubba whispering”, I am having a hard time putting it down!
- The Bobbsey Twins, Nancy Drew, et al – I know, silly girl books, but I loved them as a kid, and it’s fun rereading these for myself and with my boys. There’s a win-win if I ever heard one
What’s on YOUR reading list? Anything I should add to mine?