We decided to rejoin Costco the other day, and I was reminded how much I love it there. So in the interest of science (domestic science silly!), I thought I would give you my favorite (ok, and not-so-favorite) things about Costco:
- Double-wide carts – It’s great to have room for my bags, purse, etc…but not so great to have it strewn everywhere because a certain nameless 3 year old decides to go exploring.
- Great prices on books – I picked up “Deceptively Delicious” for $14! Good thing I was at costco to pick up all kinds of veggies to puree (um, not yet)
- Samples – yeah, I used to think this was a great perk…til I had kids. I am not one that will ask for a sample for everyone, so the boys get to share, and I get to smell their breath afterwards.
- Ginormous bags of frozen goodness – between strawberries (a fav snack for mama), potstickers, stir fry veggies, and boneless skinless chicken (breasts and tenders), my freezer is pretty packed. The downside – no room for 79 mini cheesecakes!
- Does anyone EVER get out of there for less than $100?
- One word – HOTDOGS (I seriously never eat them otherwise)
- Always new stuff – did you know they carry Borghese now?
- Office Supplies – Rowr!
- The best Buttercream ever…(so I hear 😉 )
- Spices in bulk – especially taco seasoning and ranch dip mix – SO many uses
- Did you know you can buy a casket there? (or maybe it’s Sam’s)
- Did I mention NOT getting samples?
- Trying to find a place for 79 78 mini cheesecakes and all his friends (have NO idea how that got there!
What are your favorite/not-so-favorite things about Costco or Sam’s? Any goodies I should look out for?