I hate blogging..
There, I said it, got it out.
Ok, I don’t HATE it but I was getting close. I have been at this for the better part of 4 years, and doing design for about 3 1/2. I have seen bloggers come and go and I have had a love/hate relationship with it for awhile now.
I love blogging for:
- The amazing women I have met and the friendshipsI have made because of blogging.
- The places I have been and the experiences I have had as a result of blogging.
- The opportunity I have had to make a small income designing blogs to enable me to stay home with my boys while they are small.
I hate it for:
- demanding that I spend time with it.
- taking extra time away from my boys (although I have yet to refuse a request for a book or a snuggle – I do have SOME priorities!)
- allowing me to fall back on lazy homekeeping and convenience foods.
But I want to LOVE it again. I missed it a lot during my self-imposed hiatus. I need to find that balance (it’s been a much-talked about word this last week or so- is it the new year that does this?). I’m not a writer – not like some of my favorite bloggers are – the ones who make me laugh, cry and think. I don’t intend this blog to be a memoir to share with my kids when they grow up. I’m not uber-talented in decorating, or a cooking fiend…
I am just a mom who loves my boys fiercely, and is an information junkie who needs a place to unload once in awhile before my head explodes. So if anything I write makes you laugh, gives you a great idea, or helps you figure out what to make for dinner tonight, then that is the icing on my already yummy cupcake.
PS – I have a post for almost every day this week – don’t get used to it 🙂