Who isn’t in love with Pinterest? I admit I didn’t “get it” at first…but it didn’t take long. 51 boards and a few thousand pins later, I guess you could say I’m a junkie…It’s also an amazing way to drive traffic to your blog and help build your web presence. I have clients who have created AMAZING traffic for themselves using pinterest, and I’ve even seen a recipe of mine go viral when a friend created a Pinterest friendly post about it…
- Create images with Pinterest in mind –
- Add text to your images (using Pic Monkey or other photo editing software)
- You can also add your URL!!
- Use natural light as much as possible
- Action images do better than static “product” shots
- Style your photos with accessories and props
- Have a call to action on your blog
- Link to your Pinterest account in your sidebar.
- You can also add a pin button to every image.
- Place a call to action at the bottom of both your posts and feed entries.
- List 2-3 of your most pinned images on your sidebar.
- Describe your image
- use the description function when you upload images.
- Whatever you place in the description of your image becomes the text of the pin as it is pinned – be as descriptive as possible!!
- Use Keywords
- Make the best use of your Boards
- Use creative (but relevant!) titles.
- Have a wide variety.
- Use the private boards for…well, things you want to (or should!) keep private.
- Don’t spam
- No one minds when you pin one of your posts, but when you’re pinning 10 things in a row from your blog, it’s too much.
- Try to pin (or re-pin) 10 things for every pin from your own content.
- Check for valid links in your pins – if I can’t check out a link right away I will “like” it instead.
I hope these ideas help you make the most of your Pinterest time – I’ll try to add more tips from time to time – I get so busy helping clients that I forget others could benefit from some of my knowledge too! I would love your feedback on what you would like to see – blogging tips, SEO, design dos and don’ts, photo tips…I would love to do a Q&A if there is any interest as well! I also have a lot of great pins on my blogging tips board on Pinterest
PS – don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest!!