I’m so happy to share one of my favorite holiday recipes with you! This is my great Grandma Hart’s Fruit salad – some people call it ambrosia or cuppa salad as well, but to me it’s always great-grandma’s fruit salad.
I’m sure there are variations but this has been how I’ve made it ever since I COULD make food!
- 1 Large Can crushed or chunk pineapple, drained
- 1 - 2 Small cans Mandarin Oranges
- 1 C Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- 2 - 3 C Miniature Marshmallows
- 1 C sour cream
- Drain Fruit (reserve a little juice just in case)
- Mix first 4 ingredients together
- Add in half of sour cream, mix well. Add more if desired.
- It's ready!! It's a little better if you chill it for an hour or two, but it's perfectly yummy now
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
My great-grandma’s fruit salad is a holiday tradition for me and one I hope my boys will pass down. Along with the turkey and stuffing and pumpkin pie it’s one little bit of the past that carries on. Isn’t that the best thing about family recipes? They keep our history alive by sharing things our families shared around their tables so many years ago…