My version of King Ranch Casserole – this quick yummy casserole is a big hit and my kids had a great time when they were little crushing up the chips for the layers.
- 2 Cups Shredded Cooked Chicken I’ve used Canned Chicken in a pinch!
- 1 can Cream of Chicken soup
- ½ Cup milk
- ½ Cup sour cream
- 1 can Ro-tel tomatoes canned tomatoes with jalepenos-mild
- ½ packet taco seasoning or more- to taste
- 1/2 bag of Doritos Chips (we usually use nacho Flavor)
Pre-heat oven to 350-f degrees.
In a mixing bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients.
In a greased 2 qt baking dish, put a layer of crushed doritos (about 2 cups), then a layer of the chicken mixture.
Repeat once more, ending with a layer of chicken mixture.
Top with more shredded cheese, cover, and bake for 30-35 minutes, till bubbling hot.
You can add other items to this, depending on your preferences, like olives, green chiles, onions, etc…
PS – The chicken mixture would also makes a great enchilada or burrito filling!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Casserole
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Mexican Chicken Casserole, Doritos Casserole, King Ranch Casserole