Casseroles are such an easy way to get dinner to the table – this Mexican Chicken Casserole is one of my family’s favorite dishes~and my most asked-for recipe…
Photo, courtesy the lovely Ali (now blogging at Jam hands)
- 2 Cups Shredded Cooked Chicken (I've used Canned Chicken in a pinch!)
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese ( I use a cheddar/jack combo)
- 1 can Cream of Chicken soup
- ½ Cup milk
- ½ Cup sour cream
- 1 can Ro-tel tomatoes (canned tomatoes with jalepenos-mild)
- ½ packet taco seasoning (or more- to taste)
- Pre-heat oven to 350-f degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients.
- In a greased 2 qt baking dish, put a layer of crushed doritos (about 2 cups), then a layer of the chicken mixture.
- Repeat once more, ending with a layer of chicken mixture.
- Top with more shredded cheese, cover, and bake for 30-35 minutes, till bubbling hot.
- You can add other items to this, depending on your preferences, like olives, green chiles, onions, etc…
- PS - The chicken mixture would also makes a great enchilada or burrito filling!
Enjoy! Post Sponsored by “Cans get you Cooking”, in an effort to show how versatile canned foods CAN be. You can learn more about cans on the Cans Get You Cooking Facebook page, Pinterest page & YouTube channel.