This recipe was handed down from my great-grandmother and is a favorite of many of my family members. It’s the perfect Holiday Fruit Salad for Christmas, Thanksgiving, or Easter.
I’m so happy to share one of my favorite holiday recipes with you! This is my great Grandma Hart’s Fruit salad – some people call it ambrosia salad or cuppa salad as well, but to me it’s always great-grandma’s fruit salad. This was something that was always served at Thanksgiving and Christmas as I was growing up, and it’s still one of the dishes I look forward to most!
Holiday Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1 Large Can crushed or chunk pineapple drained
- 1 - 2 Small cans Mandarin Oranges
- 1 C Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- 2 - 3 C Miniature Marshmallows
- 1 C sour cream
- Drain Fruit (reserve a little juice just in case)
- Mix first 4 ingredients together
- Add the sour cream, mix well.
- It's ready!! It's a little better if you chill it for an hour or two, but it's perfectly delish now
Meal tip: Prepare Ahead!
This recipe is best when you make it at least 2-3 hours before serving, and you can even make it the night before! It gives the flavors a chance to meld and the marshmallows to soften – YUM!
My great-grandma’s fruit salad is a holiday tradition for me and one I hope my boys will pass down. Along with the turkey and stuffing and pumpkin pie it’s one little bit of the past that carries on. Isn’t that the best thing about family recipes? They keep our history alive by sharing things our families shared around their tables so many years ago…