Thirteen Places I have lived:
1. San Diego, CA-My dad was stationed here for a bit, and we stayed with some family friends in Imperial Beach
2. Treasure Island-sounds cool huh? It was a military installation just off the Oakland Bay bridge in San Francisco. So you can totally imagine how pretty THAT was. How many shades of drab are there really?
3. Vestal NY-Upstate, next to Binghamton. Neat little town. I remember tapping the maple trees for syrup when I went to a one room school house there for Kindergarten.
4. Charleston SC-I loved this area. I was only 6 when we lived here, but it was my first taste of the south, and I was hooked.
5. Norfolk VA-The area I lived longer than any other growing up. I remember there always being something to do, see, or experience. I loved that history was so close by.
6. Great Lakes IL-North of Chicago, and colder than I have ever been. I went to Jr High here, and funnily enough, a lot of the kids I went to school with here also ended up in…
7. Virginia Beach VA – Where I really think of as my “hometown”. Where I would move again in a heartbeat if it was at all feasible, or if I won the lottery 😉 . I remembered it as a great place to be a kid, and I am sure it’s not as idyllic as it is in my head, but I DO love the area, and can’t wait to show it to my kids.
8. San Bernardino CA- There aren’t enough words. I was born here, and came back here to finish high school. It was once a beautiful town, the crossroads of inland California. You can drive an hour in any direction and be at the beach, the city (LA), the mountains or the desert. Now it is run-down, sad, and the polar opposite of the bright shiny town it once was.
9. Honolulu HI – I followed a boy to Pearl Harbor, and while love didn’t pan out, i got a great vacation!
10. Myxlplzyc CA-where I live now-Close to San Bernardino, but not too close.
Alright, I ran out of places I have lived, so I will use the last 3 for where I would like to live…
11. Charlotte NC-for many of the same reasons as VA-a lot to do, see, and experience. History, nature, culture, and great weather (read-changing seasons, not one long one)
12, Portland OR – A great creative scene, culture up the wazoo, and it doesn’t hurt that a few of my favorite bloggers live there…
13. San Francisco CA-one of my favorite places in the world, but so insanely expensive that I would have to put my kids to work just to be able to live in a decent neighborhood.
Tomorrow I get interviewed by the amazing Mrs Chicky!
Wow, you’ve really been around. 😉
Can not wait to read the interview…
To me you gals are Soul Bloggahhh Sistahhhs…Should be a great interview!!!
OMG, thank you so much for pointing out that video to me. It makes so much sense. And, Joy Nash is my new hero! A million thanks for making me feel not bad about being fat. You’re wonderful, and I just became your blog’s “biggest” fan. LOL!
Have a great day!
Funny, my husband was a Navy brat and as lived at numbers 2, 5, 6, ,7 and 9. Heh, maybe you know him. He’s in the military now and I’m hoping we get stationed at number 9. Also, Virginia Beach is my hometown and it is a great place to live. I miss it like crazy.
Hey, girl! Got your email and you know what? I’m not sure how to go about that…I’d say go with your gut feeling.
Sorry, I couldn’t talk today, you caught me at the car wash and then I was late for a nail appt. Thank goodness for Toccer. 🙂
I’m with you, I’d love to live in Portland.
Can’t wait to see your answers!
i can’t get over how pricey san fran is to live there. we’ve visted there before and its outrageous!
The “I’ve been everywhere song” is playing in my head now. Because you have! 😉
I love the look of your banner. Did you design it yourself? Everything looks great!
Oh, man. If you moved here…! That would be so awesome. 🙂
Wow! You’ve been lived all over!
I lived in Hawaii for two years.
Wow, you’re live in a lot of places, except Texas…I think you should try that next:o)
Ohh….you made me miss the Virginia Beach/Norfolk/Yorktown area… I was stationed in Yorktown for a bit with the Coast Guard…and LOVED it…
And Charleston, SC??? So frickin’ amazing.
Looked at your list of places you’ve lived–am always surprised by the “small world” syndrome.
I live about 30 miles from Vestal, NY. While it’s not so little anymore, it’s still a pretty neat place. One of the nicest features is it’s recent rails-to-trails recreation path that runs along Rt 434. Great place for strolling, biking, and blading.
Here are some pictures to bring back fond memories —> here.
Found your blog today from Brocante (which I adore)…I am from Hampton VA and went to Old Dominion…lived there my first 22 years..family still there….married an Air Force man…I miss it…haven’t lived there in 10 years…You made me get that ole kick in the gut homesick feeling..Cheers from another Virginia girl!
Hey, I live in Va Beach!! Love it too! (here from Sonia Sunshine).